Skilled front end web designer and graphic artist with a strong background in user experience design. Experience in designing and developing multiple websites from conception to launch. I also have special expertise working with conservation science organizations.
+ TECHNICAL SKILLS
SOFTWARE: Adobe Creative Suite: Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash. Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint. FTP, Windows Media Encoder, Apache, Axure Pro
OPERATING SYSTEMS: Windows, Mac, Linux
+ PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
CASCADE MEDICAL SUPPLY DECEMBER 2012 – JULY 2013
Document Associate, Redmond, WA [ http://www.pssworldmedical.com/ ]
- Scan and file medical documentation into a database.
- Renew diabetic and incontinence prescriptions for multiple states.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
SEATTLE HUMANE SOCIETY 2012 – PRESENT
Pet Publicist, Bellevue, WA [ http://www.seattlehumane.org/ ]
- Volunteer Pet Publicist for Dogs.
- Experience with photographing animals.
- Experience with Photoshop to edit photos; then upload them to the website.
- Wrote individual adoption descriptions for use on the website.
GOOGLE 2010 – 2012
Visual Data Specialist, Bothell, WA [ http://www.maps.google.com ]
- Firsthand experience with Google Maps.
- Applied independent GIS software to edit navigation map data.
- Interpreted multiple visual sources into a cohesive vector-based drawing.
- Analyze data and make decisions based on set policies.
- Experience working with remote teams.
- Problem-solving and analysis skills.
- Proactive involvement in improvement of policies and procedures.
ALASKA SEALIFE CENTER 2005 – 2008
Webmaster, Seward, AK [ http://www.alaskasealife.org ]
- Extensive experience with Adobe Photoshop/Dreamweaver/Illustrator.
- Worked with creative teams to develop content.
- Experience handling multiple projects at once.
- Designed and developed the front end look and feel of the website.
- Streamed live video from a remote Sea Lion rookery onto the website.
- Designed multiple Ecommerce promotions and landing pages.
- Photographer for various ASLC community events.
VERIZON WIRELESS AUGUST 2004 - DEC 2004
Tech Support Specialist 2, Kirkland, WA
- Experience providing front-line customer support to end users.
- Experience troubleshooting Blackberry, Palm, and Windows Mobile devices.
- Experience working in a high-volume call center environment.
- Experience working multiple shifts and hours.
MICROVISION FEB 2003 – MARCH 2003
Production Artist, Seattle, WA
- Designed Investor Fact Sheet and Electronic Newsletter for distribution to Microvision investors.
- Designed Investor Relations portion of the company website based on the overall design scheme.
NOAA MAY 2002 – AUGUST 2002
Web Designer, Seattle, WA
- Played a major role in designing and developing a community service program using Flash.
- Maintained the Pribilof Islands Restoration Project website.
+ WEB DESIGN FREELANCE EXPERIENCE
Whittier Water Taxi, Seward AK
Alaska Whale Sightings, Seward AK
North Pacific Wildlife Consulting, Anchorage, AK
USER CENTERED DESIGN CERTIFICATE 2012
University of Washington, Seattle, WA
B.A IN MEDIA ARTS
Washington State University, Pullman, WA